Student Advising Services advises undergraduate students who are:
- Exploring Majors
- Intended Computer Science
- Intended Engineering
- Prehealth: Assist students who are preparing for admission to medicine, dentistry, optometry, podiatry, veterinary, and chiropractic schools.
- Prelaw: Assist students who are preparing for admission to law school.
Students with intended or approved majors should use the Advising Directory to locate the appropriate academic advising center for assistance.
The services we provide include:
- Academic advice and guidance for students — especially those who are undecided or exploring majors, home of the Major Explorers Program.
- Developing an academic plan, discussing degree requirements, understanding academic policies and their implications
- Finding a new or alternative major
- Presenting Academic Success workshops
- Developing a plan for including internships and study abroad in a degree program
- Evaluating alternative and military experiences for university credit
Student Advising Services mission is to assist University at Buffalo undergraduate students of all backgrounds in the discovery and development of their academic goals through advising.
Last updated: January 21, 2015 2:08 pm EST